Faculty of Management
Faculty of Management generally
- The Faculty of Management is the only faculty of the Prague University of Economics and Business, located outside of the Prague in South Bohemia region in lovely city Jindrichuv Hradec.
- We are offering Bachelor and Master programs in the field of management and economy. We also offer Doctoral programme for anybody interested in continuing in their pedagogic and scientific development.
- The scientific-research activities deal with various formal (mathematic) methods and projection models, but also with generating strategies for decision making in assorted levels of the managerial process.
- Fully renovated building and the modern library offers enough space for studying. Our students can also use hospitability of relax zones in the vestibule with Bean Bags.
- We placed first among the economic faculties in the Czech Republic from the point of the graduate employment rate, where a mere 0,5 % of graduate was not able to find work, as reported in a prominent industry newspaper (In January of 2013).
- FM has also a good location for visiting and enjoy the beauty of Czech nature and other sightseeing (Česká Kanada, Červená Lhota, Tábor etc.)
Faculty of Management from the students’ point of view
If you step to the Faculty of Management for the first time, you will be impressed by the modern design and equipment of the faculty. Thanks to its area and conditions now we are able to organize different scientific conferences, seminars and welcome students during international programmes, like Summer or Winter School etc.
Friendly and family atmosphere is very important for our students, and you could feel it during your studies and stay here. At our faculty students are not just a number, they are part of big faculty family. It could be due to the fact that our faculty is smaller than others and there is a smaller number of students. Nevertheless, all our students know each other very well and they are ready to help each other with study materials or just with a kind advise. Students appreciate the atmosphere on the Faculty of Management, and this is a great benefit which is not common on other faculties.
- The environment of the best Czech economic-managerial university
- A high rate of employment among graduates
- Modern campus with new library and information centre
- Friendly and family atmosphere of the campus and charming city of Jindrichuv Hradec
New academic year starts at the beginning of September. It is divided into the winter and summer semesters (terms). The academic year’s schedule specifies the teaching and examination periods, the period of enrolment into the courses for particular semester, and the vacation period. The teaching period lasts 13 weeks; the examination period lasts 6 weeks.
The assessment methods and criteria are always specified in the course’s syllabus. At the beginning of the first lecture the lecturers usually present students the basic organizational rules including the assessment method. The criteria usually consist of:
- Active lecture/seminar/workshop/tutorial participation
- Term paper
- Mid-term test(s)
- Final test
The Faculty of Management uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) as a standard for comparing the study attainment and performance of students. The assessment is based on student’s overall score:
All of the student’s agenda is being handled through the Integrated Study Information System (called InSIS). This system covers everything that’s somehow linked with the study itself. You can enroll in study courses or exams, read through the courses syllabuses, download study-related files from your lecturers. Some lecturers even use this system for electronic exams.
The InSIS is being managed by the Study Department. If you can’t find anything or if you feel that there is something wrong with your information agenda, you can contact either members of the Study Department in the room 335 or Frantisek Michl, a member of the Information Technology Centre in the room 304, who will help you with your problem.
Wireless network – eduroam
The whole area of the Faculty of Management is covered by the wireless network signal. Several years ago, the Faculty of Management enrolled the eduroam project. Main idea of this project is to create a borderless Wi-Fi network that will allow you to use it at every place where it’s available. If your home university has also joined this network, there is a fair chance you will connect automatically without any need of setting up your device (laptop, smartphone or tablet). If not, you can set up your device and log in with the credentials provided at the beginning of your study. Setting up this network is not complicated at all. You can do it by yourself or you can contact the Information Technology Centre.
For more information visit https://eduroam.vse.cz.
Information Technology Centre
This specific field of student’s life might sometimes get confusing since not everyone deals with IT well. The Information Technology Centre will be providing you with vast user support for your whole stay at the Faculty of Management. You can contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our user support in room no. 306.
On the beginning of your study you will be provided with username and password. You will be using these credentials for every system for your whole stay at the Faculty of Management.